Offre proposée par
Internship Energy - DC grids
Tractebel is a global community of 5000 imaginative experts engineering a carbon-neutral future. Through our game-changing solutions for complex energy, urban, nuclear and water projects, we help our clients create a positive impact towards a sustainable world, where people, planet and profit collectively thrive.
You will work as an intern for the business line Energy in our department Transmission & Distribution which is responsible for the realisation of High Voltage, Medium Voltage substation projects, Overhead Line projects and High Voltage cable projects.
We are looking for a motivated intern who will make a techno-economical feasibility study of a large DC grid.
In the first part of the internship, the student will familiarize himself/herself with existing larger DC grids. He/she will make a literature study on the used technologies and their footprint. In a second step, the student will theoretically scale the existing DC grinds up and investigates the technologic and economic feasibility with the known technologies and the ones in the pipeline. As a latest step the student will integrate this knowledge in making a standard template for the technical specifications and data sheets for the identified equipment.
This involves that:
· You will evaluate the best configuration to integrate different renewables assets to an electrical network.
· You will evaluate the pros and cons of each configuration by
· Availability and reliability of their components in the market
· Installation methods
· Design methods
· Life cycle assessments
· You will learn about the methodologies and tools used to realise a typical equipment specification and testing templates
· You will realize a literature study on DC grids and their equipment
· You will learn about practical realized DC grids (through literature case studies)
· You will learn about the key parameters and requirements of DC grid equipment
· You will learn how to determine key parameters
· You will learn to integrate theoretical acquired knowledge in a practical equipment purchase specification.
· You will learn how to realize practical factory and site accepting templates
· You will carry out a study to assess a particular way of working an compare this with a new methodology
You are studying electrical engineering and you wish to do an internship in an engineering company for at least 6 to 8 weeks (July, Augustus & September)
At the time of your internship, you're in your at least in your 1st master.
Knowledge of MS Office is an asset
You speak fluently Dutch/French/English
You are interested in power electronics based equipment, power system analysis, power quality, grid infrastructure design, renwable energy, ...
You are driven by the search of innovative solutions
You appreciate teamwork and are client oriented
· Posting Date: Jul 2, 2021