Offre proposée par
Data Scientist (Agri Transition) - Internship (F/M) - PARIS
AXA Climate offers cutting-edge expertise in the protection of businesses and communities against Climate Risk in more than 40 countries. Since 2014, we have been relying on technology and know-how in insurance, meteorology, climatology, aerial imagery, to create innovative climate solutions. Our mission is to help businesses, institutions and communities tackle climate risks and develop Adaptative Business.
We are like a start-up into a big company. Our web site: https://www.climate.axa/fr/
AXA Climate's desire is also to innovate in terms of corporate culture, so that everyone can flourish and develop all its potential. Our culture is therefore a flat organization, without managers, but driving with facilitators and speed-boats' captains. No organization chart, but transversal "Assets" with specific skills, and vertical "Speed-Boats" responsible for the Business and associated P&L.
Under the supervision of senior data scientists within the SpeedBoat AgriTransition, you will take part:
· To the construction of our products and services
· To the delivery of our consulting missions related to climate change in the agrobusiness sector
The missions of the Speedboat AgriTransition covers a wide range of topics at the edge of climate change, agronomy and data analysis:
· assessing climate change impacts on crops
· modelling crop yields on the run
· modelling carbon retention in the soils
· assessing crop areas on the run
· assessing crop emergence
In order to build the most robust and scalable products, a wide range of datasources are commonly used at Axa Climate from soil composition database, climatic projections to 2030/2050, satellite imagery, and so on.
Our main clients are cooperatives, industrials, large farming exploitations dealing with all kinds of crops.
· Grandes Écoles d’Ingénieurs (X, CentraleSupélec, École des Ponts, Mines, ENTPE, ENSTA, ENSAE…)
· MSc in top French, European or International Universities (Paris-Saclay, Dauphine, Imperial College, ETH Zurich, EPF Lausanne…)
· Major/Minor in Statistics and Data Analysis.
· Knowledge in agronomy is a strong advantage.
· Fluency in French required.
· Fluency in English desired.
· Strong skills in Statistics and Data Analysis with python.
· Pragmatic, Business & Solution-oriented & Autonomous.
· Demonstrated interests in agronomy, climate and climate change issues.